Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tracks Across The United States


At the beginning of first grade, I introduced my class to Roary.  Roary is a stuffed lion that became our class mascot.  Roary got to travel all around the United States.  He even went to Hawaii and Alaska!!  Roary would send postcards and pictures of all the places he had been.  My 1st graders got so excited to get a postcard from Roary.  They were always asking me where he was and when we would hear from him again.  When we would receive a postcard I would read it to my class.  After we read the postcard we would put a pin in our map of where Roary was.  The students then would get to write a letter back to Roary.  They would tell him what we were learning about, our new smartboard, and the school disco party!!  This is just a fun and creative way to get your students writing.  Roary will be continuing his travels throughout this next year!!  You just never know where he will be going next!

Roary went to Hawaii with my sister and brother-in-law!


One of my students grandparents live in Alaska.  So, Roary got to go with her mom for a visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment